} Acme Corporation is a new startup wishes to sale:
◦ their new phone to the public called Acmephone,
◦ a more secure version of the phone to business organizations, called the Acmephone B+, and
◦ highly secure version of the phone, called the Acmephone G+, to the government.
} Due to the fear of corporate espionage and government security requirements, there are many security concerns that must be addressed.
} As a security professional, you have been employed to design a network infrastructure for their two campuses located in Atlanta and Cincinnati
} based upon the following specifications:
1. There needs to be a constant connection between the two locations that can carry at least 50 Mbps of data.
2. Each facility has three floors. The buildings are rectangular with each floor being 350’x350’.
3. There will be 200 network connections on each floor with an additional 100 network connections in the data centers located on the third floor of each building
4. The primary data center will be located at the Atlanta location.
5. There will be a failover* data center at the Cincinnati location. Failover is a method of protecting computer systems from failure, in which standby equipment automatically takes over when the main system fails. Each location should be protected from intrusions that are not limited to state change attacks. The Atlanta location will house the two secure development teams. As such, it will need the most security. To further complicate the design, there will be database servers and the corporate
There will be database servers located at the Cincinnati site. The servers must have redundancy. The solution must have a plan to verify security measures.
Your job is to develop a network design to meet the requirements above.
1. You should submit a network drawing listing the network’s topology including any necessary hardware.
2. You should list any recommended cable.
3. You can recommend wiring closets wherever you need them. You should recommend ways to assure that you are not getting attacked.
4. You should build traps to stop attackers.
6. You should recommend any WAN or wireless technologies.
7. You should recommend any technology needed in the data center for high availability.
8. Justify your recommendations.
◦ Introduction: In this section, you will introduce the project and the objectives of the project including executive summary. 2 pages
◦ Background- 2 pages
◦ Requirement Analysis: In this section, you will discuss the requirement. (use details provided in specifictions)– 2 pages
◦ Design: You need diagrams, charts, pics, etc.. 3 slides – I-flowchart 1-cincinati 1- Atlanta- 2 pages
◦ Implementation: diagrams, charts, and possibly screen shots. – overview– 2 pages
◦ Testing (optional): You can present your data testing in this section. 1 page
◦ Cost analysis: Estimated cost (you can use the internet to get pricing). Make sure to include labor cost in your analysis.– 3 slides hardware $ software & labor pov
◦ Conclusion: Summary, lesson learned, future work, etc.. 1 page
◦ Future work— 1 page
◦ Lessson learned – 1 page