Adult attachment is one of the defining characteristics that help us understand adulthood. It differs from childhood attachment mainly because it involves relationships that lead to intimacy, mating, parenting, and security. To understand long-term relationships, which include the social construct of marriage, it is important to isolate the components that make the relationships unique. One way to explain adult relationships is through the convoy model.
- Explain why the majority of adults get married. Describe how the views of adults regarding marriage change as they grow older.
- Describe attachment theory with regard to adult attachment.
- Describe the convoy model from a life span perspective by using specific examples from your own observations and personal life.
- Compare and contrast the convoy model with the socioemotional model and explain which is more accurate in explaining relationships during adulthood.
Justify your answers with appropriate reasoning and research.
1. Cite all soruces in APA format.
2. Attach a Turnitin.com Report.