1. Companies use information systems to support their various business processes and activities for internal operations, which does NOT include:
B. interaction with suppliers.
C. human resource management.
D. order processing.
2, __________ refers to systems for providing effective and efficient communication with the customer from the entire organization.
A. Operational CRM
B. Analytical CRM
C. Collaborative CRM
D. Executional CRM
3. The emergence of the Internet and Web has resulted in __________, opening up new opportunities and methods for conducting business.
A. the globalization of customer and supplier networks
B. the integration of customer and supplier networks
C. delineating the customer and supplier networks
D. the integration of all business processes within an organization
4, __________ are operated by third-party vendors, meaning that they are built and maintained by a particular company.
A. Electronic exchanges
B. Trading exchanges
C. Multimedia marketplaces
D. Resource marketplaces
5. Support activities include infrastructure, human resources, __________, and procurement.
A. operations and management
B. marketing and sales
C. customer service
D. technology development
6. A value system is formed when:
A. a company creates additional value by integrating internal applications with suppliers, business partners, and customers.
B. companies connect their internal value chains.
C. information flows from one company’s value chain to another company’s value chain.
D. All of the above
7. __________ applications are systems that focus on the specific needs of individual departments and are not designed to communicate with other systems of the organization.
D. Internally focused
8.__________ involves the business activities associated with receiving and stocking raw materials, parts, and products.
A. Inbound logistics
B. Operations and manufacturing
C. Outbound logistics
D. Marketing and sales
9. The key purpose of a(n) __________ system is to streamline the flow of information from one company’s operations to another’s.
C. management information
10. Data warehouses are databases that store information:
A. related to a specific department.
B. required for a specific business activity.
C. related to the various business activities of an organization.
D. that is outdated.
11.__________ can be accomplished by integrating multiple business processes in ways that enable firms to meet a wide range of unique customer needs.
A. Competitive advantage
B. Economies of scale
C. Process reengineering
D. Strategic information planning
12. __________ is a corporate-level strategy concentrating on the downstream information flows.
A. Business Process Management
B. Supply Chain Management
C. Customer Relationship Management
D. Enterprise Resource Planning
13. An Enterprise Marketing Automation system provides a comprehensive view of the:
B. industry trends.
C. environmental factors.
D. All of the above
14. The term __________ is commonly used to refer to the producers of supplies that a company uses.
A. supply network
B. value system
C. supply chain
D. value chain
15. Customer Relationship Management applications concentrate on the __________ integrating the value chains of a company and its distributors.
A. upstream information flows
B. legacy systems
C. externally focused systems
D. downstream information flows
16. Like ERP and CRM applications, SCM packages are delivered in the form of __________, which companies select and implement according to their business requirements.
17. The supply chain __________ module in SCM packages reports key measurements in the supply chain.
B. event management
D. performance management
18. __________ is often the most overlooked, underestimated, and poorly budgeted expense involved in planning enterprise system implementations.
C. Executive sponsorship
D. Help from outside experts
19. __________ are designed to automate the business processes that occur before, during, and after sales have been transacted between a supplier and multiple customers.
A. Resource portals
B. Procurement portals
C. Distribution portals
D. Enterprise portals
20.__________ allows Web page designers to create customized tags that specify how the document should be formatted.