This module showed the value of company research. Now let’s put what you learned into action!
- Choose a company that you would like to work for either in the immediate future or down the road.
- Conduct research to gain some insight into what they have to offer. Your research must feature at least two quality sources of information about the company.
- You will need to speak with someone at the company you selected and ask them 5 questions of your choosing.
- Complete the Company Research Worksheet.
Here are some tips for completing this assignment:
- Points will be deducted for each question that is not answered. It is in your best interest to do the research.
- A telephone call can be used as a source, however be sure to gather the person’s name, telephone number, and title as well as the company name.
- The facts you list must be truthful information and based on real occurrences. Do not list information about the company benefits, or information that has already been gathered for another question.
- Google, Yahoo!, and other search sites cannot be used as a reference. Use sites that provide specific information about the company.