Cost & Consumerism in Health Care Presentation.
Select one of the following options to prepare 8- to 10-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation with grammatically correct speaker’s notes:
- A single 23-year old female, generally healthy, who does not have a history of smoking or drinking, and is pregnant with her first child
- A 55-year old male, former smoker, who has recently learned he has
- lung cancer
- A 10-year old male finds out he is diabetic
- A 60-year old female suffers from severe chronic arthritis
- Discuss the person’s story as if he or she has no insurance, public health insurance, private health insurance, or employer-provided health insurance.
Address the following:
- Research and present the patient’s options for obtaining services in your area.
- Research and compare out-of-pocket costs for comprehensive medical supervision and treatments, such as hospitalization, drugs, surgery, and so forth.
- Explain financing means and burdens in each situation, based on your findings.
- Explain how consumerism may influence the decisions made by the patient in terms of obtaining the care they need.
- Format your presentation consistent with APA guidelines.