Critically evaluate the application of leadership theories to a leader in an organisational context (eg a company of your choice) and management theories to a contemporary organisation.
The assessment consists of one written assignment, which will involve a critical evaluation of leadership and management theory in a contemporary setting of 6,000 words (+/- 10 per cent).
Whatever form your assignment takes, you will be asked to critically evaluate theory and apply it to contemporary practice in relationship to leadership and management. The following is generic guidance which relates to all the assignments set in this module.
- Your (brief) introduction to:
- Introduction to your assignment (scope, focus, methodology)
- your leader/organisation (general information to set thecontext, organisational structure, culture etc. (here you may wish to use theoretical constructs to support your discussion));
- Contextual discussion of the broader development of leadership and management theory as appropriate to the chosen topic for critical evaluation;
- Your critical evaluation of your chosen leadership and management theory but you should constantly “funnel down” so that you can show your ability to be critically evaluative in your approach. Remember to try and show that you understand the theory as it has developed from seminal work over time.
- The practice in relation to your organisation (specific, precise examples not generalisations);
- Your commentary on the fit between theory and practice. This should be explicit.
- please use the Havard referencing style.