Describe how you will assess students’ ability based on the learning objectives.
Provide a brief overview of a unit that you have or locate one that you might consider using in your classroom. Identify the grade level, length/time of the unit, standards, and learning objectives. Describe how you will assess students’ ability based on the learning objectives. You do not need to fully develop the assessment, just provide a description of the assessment and how this this will be used to determine student learning. Be sure to include both formative and summative assessment. Describe how you have or will develop modifictions for students with special needs. Provide a brief description of the student’s needs and a specific example of the accommodations based on each of the following modifications: presentation format, response format, setting, and adaptive devices and supports (see Tables 15.1-15.5 for examples).
Please submit your assignment as a PowerPoint, Keynote or Prezi presentation. Please develop a minimum of one slide for each of the following:
1. Overview of the unit
2. Grade level; Length; Standards
3. Learning Objectives
4. Description of formative assessment and how this measures objectives
5. Description of summative assessment and how this measures objectives
6. Description of student’s needs and modifications involving presentation format
7. Description of student’s needs and modifications involving response format
8. Description of student’s needs and modifications involving setting
9. Description of student’s needs and modifications involving adaptive devices and supports.
Submits a presentation (PowerPoint, Keynote, or Prezi) that describes the unit, grade level, length, standards and learning objectives. (25 pts).
Includes a description of the formative and summative assessment. (25 pts).
Submits a plan for modification based upon the four needs identified (presentation, response, setting, & adaptive devices and supports). (25 pts).
Presentation is submitted on time, meets the minimum requirements (10 slides) and is in APA format. (25 pts).