Review the Institute of Medicine’s 2010 report “The Future of
Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health.” Write a 750-1,000 word paper
discussing the influence of the IOM report on nursing practice. Include
- Summarize the four messages outlined in the IOM report and explain why these are significant to nursing practice.
- Discuss the direct influence the IOM report has on nursing
education and nursing leadership. Describe the benefits and
opportunities for BSN-prepared nurses.
- Explain why it is important that a nurse’s role and education
evolve to meet the needs of an aging and increasingly diverse
- Discuss the significance of professional development, or lifelong
learning, and its relevance in caring for diverse populations across the
life span and within the health-illness continuum.
- Discuss how nurses can assist in effectively managing patient care within an evolving health care system.