The nursing process is a tool that puts knowledge into practice. By
utilizing this systematic problem-solving method, nurses can determine
the health care needs of an individual and provide personalized care.
Write a paper (1,750-2,000 words) on cancer and approach to care
based on the utilization of the nursing process. Include the following
in your paper:
- Describe the diagnosis and staging of cancer.
- Describe at least three complications of cancer, the side effects
of treatment, and methods to lessen physical and psychological effects.
- Discuss what factors contribute to the yearly incidence and mortality rates of various cancers in Americans.
- Explain how the American Cancer Society (ACS) might provide
education and support. What ACS services would you recommend and why?
- Explain how the nursing process is utilized to provide safe and
effective care for cancer patients across the life span. Your
explanation should include each of the five phases and demonstrate the
delivery of holistic and patient-focused care.
- Discuss how undergraduate education in liberal arts and science
studies contributes to the foundation of nursing knowledge and prepares
nurses to work with patients utilizing the nursing process. Consider
mathematics, social and physical sciences, and science studies as an
interdisciplinary research area.
You are required to cite to a minimum of four sources to complete
this assignment. Sources must be published within the last 5 years and
appropriate for the assignment criteria and relevant to nursing
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA
Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to
beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for