For the Final Project, you will consider the Jacques family from Chapter 18 of the Family Assessment Handbook, with the following caveats:
• The father is emotionally abusing the family but is not physically abusing any family members.
• All members of the family are living at home.
For your Final Project, you are to develop an assessment and intervention plan for the family in this case study, in either a paper or a narrated PowerPoint presentation, with scholarly references from the professional literature (e.g., Journal of Family Therapy, Journal of Marital and Family Therapy, The Family Journal, Journal of Marriage and Family Counseling, Journal of Contemporary Family Therapy).
Your project should include all of the following sections:
1. Legal and ethical considerations regarding the family circumstances
2. Multicultural considerations
3. Theoretical counseling model used in the case
4. Specific issues facing the family
5. Assessment techniques used in the case
6. Intervention plan for the family
7. Prognosis for the family
Although the Final Project is not to be submitted until Day 7 of Week 11, you should become familiar with the project requirements and have them in mind as you proceed through the course.