Homeowners Insurance Written Assignment (100 points; 10% of total grade.)
Homeowners insurance is available in several forms, and includes both property and liability coverages. This
assignment requires you to research the standard ISO Homeowners insurance program and address the following
1. Identify the general categories of parties eligible for coverage under the Insurance Services Office (ISO) 2011
Homeowners insurance program.
2. Identify and explain the differences between the various coverage forms (i.e., HO-2, HO-3, etc.). Be sure to
provide an example of a situation where each coverage form might be the optimal coverage choice.
3. Explain the protection that is provided by each of the coverages under Section II of the Homeowners insurance
4. Identify and explain the elements of the Homeowners insurance contract. Describe what purpose each element
serves and examples of what may be found in each part of the contract that you identify.
5. Locate a news report or article that somehow relates to Homeowners insurance, briefly summarize the article,
and explain how the article ties into one or more concepts from chapters five and six of the textbook.
Your document should be 2-4 double-spaced pages in length, and submitted to the FerrisConnect assignment link. Be
sure to include a references page and cite those references when used in your text, following proper APA format.
Your document should include at least one additional reference beyond the textbook.
Your document will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
? Comprehensiveness (adequately addressing the five points above).
? Critical Thought & Accuracy (evidence of critical thought and an accurate understanding of the concepts).
? Grammar & Spelling (document is well written and without grammar or spelling errors, includes proper
references and citation of sources).
? Professionalism (timely submission, following all instructions)