HSA315 Health Information System
1a. “The Impact of Health Care Information: Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow”
· Analyze the key reasons why healthcare organization managers and leaders must understand and actively engage in the implementation of efficient health information systems.
· Articulate how health care managers and leaders can achieve better health for individuals and populations while managing cost.
1b. “Health Care Data and Information”
· How can health care administrations improve data and information quality while at the same time decreasing data and information errors? Provide at least one (1) example to support your response.
· What is interoperability, and why do health care providers and organizations still face critical issues and challenges related to interoperability despite the adoption and use of EHR? Support your response with at least one (1) example.
1c. “Strengths and Weaknesses of System Acquisition and Implementation”
· What are the various options for acquiring a health care information system and the advantages and disadvantages of each option?
· Discuss the key risks to a health care organization that fails to allocate sufficient support and resources to a newly implemented health care information system. Next, propose one (1) strategy to mitigate the risks in question. Provide a rationale to support your response.