Modern Canadian Drama
Dr. Jacqueline Petropoulos
Office Hours: by appointment (before class)
Grade Weight: 20% of overall grade
Due: November 27
Length: 6 pages (not including Works Cited)
Choose one of the topics below. You may NOT write on the same text as your seminar presentation. You are also required to research ONE secondary source and reference it in your paper. This secondary source must be from an accredited academic source (a journal article or book). Use MLA style. Proofread to check for spelling and grammar. Paginate and use standard size font and margins. In other words, do not try to get around essay length requirements by working with smaller or larger fonts or margins. Marks will be deducted if you do not follow ALL of the above guidelines.
1. Discuss the representation of aboriginality (culture and/or identity) in The Ecstasy of Rita Joe and Dry Lips Oughta Move to Kapuskasing.
2. Discuss the representation of women in TWO of the following plays: Les Belles Soeurs, Blood Relations, The Ecstasy of Rita Joe.
3. Discuss the relationship between the dominant Canadian society and marginalized cultures in TWO of the following plays: Les Belles Soeurs, The Ecstasy of Rita Joe, Leaving Home, Dry Lips Oughta Move to Kapuskasing.
4. Discuss how one’s class position in society is a form of marginalization in TWO plays studied on the course.
5. Discuss family relationships/dynamics in TWO plays studied on the course.