Introduction: NURS5152 Quantitative Design For Nursing Midwifery And Health Research
This assessment will assess your ability to critical appraise and synthesise research using relevant appraisal tools, interpret and apply study findings to an area of clinical practice, and your ability to clearly explain complex concepts in scientific knowledge in both written and verbal forms of communication when reporting unfamiliar problems. NURS5152 Quantitative Design For Nursing Midwifery And Health Research
By successfully completing this assessment, you will be able to meet the following learning outcomes:
2 Critically appraise and synthesise published quantitative research;
3 Identify the characteristics of major quantitative research designs;
4 Interpret the results of statistical techniques used in quantitative research;
5 Explain the ethical and scientific rigor in quantitative research; and
6 Discuss strategies for reporting quantitative research findings.
Part A – Written Assessment
- Select three published quantitative research studies that are relevant to your topic of inquiry presented in Part A of assignment one.
- Utilising relevant Joanna Briggs Institute’s critical appraisal tools, provide an integrative synthesis appraising the three studies, considering the topic, study designs, study aims, research questions, research hypotheses, and the outcomes (e.g., study’s independent and dependent variables) being measured.
- Critically appraise and describe the statistical techniques used for each study and provide any recommendations to statistical analyses approaches.
- Present and report study results, including an interpretation of the effect size, the precision of the effect size and statistical significance. In your report, consider the clinical significance versus the statistical significance of results. NURS5152 Quantitative Design For Nursing Midwifery And Health Research
Part B – Audiovisual Presentation
The purpose of your audiovisual presentation is to report a summary of your research findings and answer your research question presented in Part A of assignment one. Your intended audience should be to other healthcare professionals and policy decision-makers and therefore your findings should be presented using non-complex or complicated research terminology.
- Prepare, record and upload a presentation, in which you:
▪ Introduce yourself, your clinical practice setting and your topic of inquiry
▪ Present your research question using the PICOT mnemonic