Even if you have a well-planned and controlled project, there is still one important but sometimes overlooked area that will impact the success of a project. This very important area is quality management and assurance. There are many quality systems that exist today thanks to the work of pioneers such as Dr. William Edward Deming. You will be evaluating different quality systems such as ISO 9000, Six Sigma, plan-do-check-act (PDCA), Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI), benchmarking, and Malcolm Baldrige for your project. You will be deciding on a project of your own choosing as the basis for the assignments throughout this class.
Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 350–500 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
Research at least 2 sources (which may include your textbook) to support your response, and discuss the following:
- What is quality assurance, and why is it important in the context of a project?
- Compare and contrast 3 of what you consider to be the most appropriate types of quality systems for the project that you will use in your Key Assignment.
- In your opinion, what is the best type of quality system? Why?
Write 2 more paragraphs that are an introduction and conclusion to this topic. Be sure to include your references, and format your submission in APA format.
Responses to Other Students: Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with at least a 100-word reply about their Primary Task Response regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening. To help you with your discussion, please consider the following questions:
- What did you learn from your classmate’s posting?
- What additional questions do you have after reading the posting?
- What clarification do you need regarding the posting?
- What differences or similarities do you see between your posting and other classmates’ postings?