Part I: Necessary and Sufficient conditions
For the following, fill in the blanks with “necessary” or “sufficient.”
1. Being a quarterback in the NFL is a ___________ condition for being a football player.
2. Being a football player is a ___________ condition for being an NFL quarterback.
3. Being able to fly a plane is a ___________ condition for being an airplane pilot.
4. Spraying a hose on a dog is a __________ condition for making the dog’s fur wet. 5. Being a guitarist is a _________ condition for being a musician.
6. Being a musician is a ___________ condition for being a guitarist. 7. Firing an unsilenced gun is a ____________ condition for making a loud noise.
8. Being famous is a ____________ condition for being a movie star (top billed actor/actress).
9. Being a movie star (top billed actor/actress) is a __________ condition for being famous.
Part II: Antecedent and Consequent.
Take the sentences from Part I and rewrite them to be standard conditional claims (IF_____Then______).