Probing Question: How were the Egyptian pyramids built
SUMMARY AND RESPONSE PAPER 1
For this assignment, you will read the article “Probing Question: How were the Egyptian pyramids built?” and then write a 1- to 1.5-page summary response paper.
For the summary section, you will:
1. Refer to the author and the title of the article in the first sentence (this is the introductory statement)-
2. Briefly summarize the main idea and the main details of the article
3. Use reporting verbs (according to the article/author . . . )
4. Use 1-2 paraphrases to restate the authors words while maintaining the original meaning
5. Use objective language (no personal pronouns: I, you, we, me, us )
For the response section, you will:
1. Formulate a personal but academic opinion in which you agree or disagree with the author’s position.
2. Refer to the specific ideas that you agree or disagree with an explain your position
3. Use subjective language (these are your words, not the author’s)
1. The paper will follow MLA (Modern Language Association) guidelines concerning the formatting of the paper.
2. A works cited page will be included.