This week’s Discussion allows you to analyze a company of your choice in terms of its current dynamics and state of affairs. The Discussion also allows you to identify possible risks and challenges for the company you select.
As you review your Resources this week, continue your research in the Walden University Library. Prepare to write your Discussion posting as you contemplate the following. (Note: You do not need to directly answer these points in your Discussion post, as they serve only to begin your thinking process; however, you must explain your reasoning as you formulate your formal response.)
- Select an organization with which you are familiar. This does not need to be a business; it can be a social or religious organization.
- In How the Mighty Fall, Collins refers to a “culture of denial” (p. 76). Consider the company you selected. Are there any areas that could be a cause for concern that are not receiving sufficient recognition or response?
- How does the organization you selected fill leadership positions? How successful has this process been?
Now write a one page cohesive response that addresses the following:
- Identify the organization you selected and your relationship to that organization.
- Review the chart on p. 77 of How the Mighty Fall (uploaded). Which set of dynamics best describes the organization you selected? Why?
- Collins asks the following questions about organizations, “What would be lost, and how would the world be worse off, if we ceased to exist?” (p. 111). How would you respond to these questions with regard to the organization you selected?
- If a particular company is on the way down, what can a manager do to help reverse course? Do the options differ depending on the manager’s level within the organization? Explain your answer.
Order your paper here