Schools of Psychology:
Which school of psychology might have the best approach for helping with the following problems? Explain why.
- Teach a child with a learning disability to write her name.
- Help a person to quit smoking.
- Help a woman who cries whenever her boss criticizes her, lowering her chances for promotion.
- A husband verbally abuses his wife. The wife feels she is wrong and has low self-esteem.
- A depressed man considering suicide does not know why he is depressed.
- A boy is afraid of animals.
- A man is unhappy about the direction of his life.
- A child continually speaks out and interrupts in kindergarten.