Read the attached “GenRays Case Study” before completing this task.
The management of GenRays has decided to adopt a Human Resources Information System (HRIS). With multiple offices and a local human resource office and payroll system for each location, management considers the current system functional but very inefficient and costly.
The company recently implemented a new centralized system for finance, purchasing, logistics, and accounting. This system has provided cost savings and other benefits. Management expects that similar business benefits would be possible with a new centralized HRIS as well.
You have been selected as the project manager for the new HRIS project. As the project manager, you will create the project team and create the plan that will be used to communicate necessary information to both internal and external stakeholders impacted by the project.
A. Create an HRIS project team organization chart showing the potential positions needed to complete the project.
1. Describe necessary roles for each position on the HRIS project team and how they are organized.
2. Recommend a team member for each position on the HRIS project team.
a. Justify your recommendation for each position.
B. Complete a stakeholder analysis by doing the following:
1. Identify the key internal and external stakeholder groups, and briefly describe the characteristics that constitute membership in each group.
2. Describe the information and communication needs of 4–6 key internal and external project stakeholders that you will include in Part C1, the “GenRays Communication Plan Template.”
C. Create a communication plan that addresses the information and communication needs of all stakeholders for the HRIS project by doing the following:
1. Complete the attached “GenRays Communication Plan Template” for the stakeholder groups you identified in part B1.
2. Discuss how the information you and your team are planning to communicate to different stakeholders about the HRIS project (i.e., your communication plan) meet the stakeholder needs you identified (i.e., stakeholder analysis).
3. Describe five appropriate topics that would be presented to the project stakeholders at the close of the HRIS project (e.g., information related to project implementation rather than closure).
a. Identify, for each topic, which stakeholder groups will find the topic of particular interest to them.
Note: This plan may include different report forms and content for different stakeholders.
D. When you use sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format.
Note: When bulleted points are present in the task prompt, the level of detail or support called for in the rubric refers to those bulleted points.
Note: For definitions of terms commonly used in the rubric, see the Rubric Terms web link included in the Evaluation Procedures section.
Note: When using outside sources to support ideas and elements in a paper or project, the submission MUST include APA formatted in-text citations with a corresponding reference list for any direct quotes or paraphrasing. It is not necessary to list sources that were consulted if they have not been quoted or paraphrased in the text of the paper or project.
Note: No more than a combined total of 30% of a submission can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from outside sources, even if cited correctly. For tips on using APA style, please refer to the APA Handout web link included in the APA Guidelines section.