The purpose of this assignment is to examine the significance of authentic leadership commitment when managing diversity. Begin by selecting one (1) of the past or present organization leaders listed below as the topic for your essay:
Ajay Banga, Mastercard
Kenneth Chenault, American Express
Carlos Ghosn, Nissan Motor Company
Indra Nooyi, PepsiCo
Meg Whitman, Hewlett Packard (HP)
For this assignment, write a minimum 750-word essay (approximately three pages). Incorporate at least three sources to support the ideas you present in your essay. These sources may be drawn from the Unit Lesson or Required Reading, but at least one of the three sources must be another article or e-book from the online library, which you will locate independently. Include an introduction as well as the following elements in your essay. Please use headings that correspond to these elements:
1. Leader’s Background: What is the professional background of this leader? Is there any personal information or experience that led to his or her passion for managing diversity?
2. Former Status of Diversity in the Organization: Describe the status of the organization before the leader became a part of the organization. What role did diversity play before this leader came on-board?
3. Leader’s Approach to Diversity and Inclusion: What is the leader’s perspective or philosophy on diversity management? What were the diversity-related goals implemented by the leader? How does the leader put that philosophy into practice, as his/her approach to diversity management? Which strategies did the leader implement to transform the way in which the organization managed diversity?
4. Leader’s Diversity Management Outcomes: What is the current status of the organization, in terms of diversity and inclusion? How did this leader impact the organization’s overall success?
5. Conclusion: Summarize the points you presented in your paper, and provide any concluding remarks. Your paper should be in APA style, be sure to cite all your sources.