To support your work, use research.
As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
Advanced Research Design
In this assignment, you will research about using the Likert scale in research and evaluate its credibility.
Using the Internet, research Likert scales.
Using the following Likert type scale, study two social issues such as losing their temper at a friend, feeling jealous of a friend’s success, and so on among four fellow students.
Note your observations using the following scale:
Level of Frequency—7 Point
Rarely, in less than 10% of the chances when I could have
Occasionally, in about 30% of the chances when I could have
Sometimes, in about 50% of the chances when I could have
Frequently, in about 70% of the chances when I could have
Usually, in about 90% of the chances I could have
Based on your experience and observations, complete the following points of discussion:
- Explain the vagueness of everyday social measures and the necessity for more precise measures.
- Explain the differences in the measurement process between quantitative and qualitative approaches.
- Create a sample hypothesis and explain why it is a good example.
Scales are constructed to measure the intensity of social emotions. These scales allow us to give meaning to the data that has been collected.
- Name and show the characteristics of four different types of scales.
- How would these be used in research?
Reliability and validity attempt to show credibility in measurement although we can never achieve perfect credibility in social measurement.
- Explain the definitions of reliability and validity in social research.
- Give one example of when you would use each and explain why.