Use the following scenario. Review the scenario first and then continue on with your assignment. Consider saving the PDF or printing it out for your reference.
You have been meeting with the CEO, the project sponsor, your manager, and the heads of all the other departments to discuss the project and their expectations. You are starting to be concerned about the level of risk of this project and whether or not the organization really understands it. As far as you can tell, the company has never done formal risk management, taking a more relaxed approach to risks. You are starting to develop your risk management plan; you will present it to your manager and the sponsor in two weeks along with some other project planning deliverables.
- Create a project charter and identify the key constraints of the project (scope, budget, timeline, quality, people resources, etc.).
- Using the scenario from this unit, create a spreadsheet that lists all the project risks you see based on what you currently know about the project. List at least 15 risks. For each project risk, provide a:
- Detailed description
- Category (schedule, strategy, people, etc.)
Note: This list will be used in later activities throughout the course.
Your submitted assignment (200 points) must include the following:
- A 2-4 page typed document that includes:
- A project charter and identification of key constraints
- At least 15 risks listed in a spreadsheet with a detailed description and the category of each
Please submit your assignment
Library Research Assignment
Mr. and Mrs. Ybarra, a retired couple in their late 70s, come in to meet with you. They are very friendly and living a comfortable retirement due, in large part, to the overall size of their estate (nearly $4 million dollars spread over multiple accounts) and their conservative asset allocation.
As you bring up the issue of estate planning, they thank you for your concern, but explain that it is already taken care of. They go on to explain that their attorney has prepared wills for both of them and all of their accounts are titled Jointly with Rights of Survivorship.
There are surprised, and a little confused, when you mention that their heirs might end up receiving only a fraction of those assets after the two of them pass away.
Include the following in your explanation to Mr. and Mrs. Ybarra:
- The transfer-tax system
- What is considered part of the estate
- How much is excluded from taxation based on current legislation
- Gross estate versus adjusted gross estate
Please submit your assignment.